Viking Wrestling Federation

Viking Wrestling Federation

• October 18, 2018, 02:04:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Want a wrestling podcast that puts hair on your chest?  http://www.mfxpodcast.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resignation of the VWF Efed  (Read 747 times)

VCW Owner Paul Vinceman

• Administrator
  • Has probably yelled at CT.
  • VCW Forever!
Resignation of the VWF Efed
« on: August 14, 2016, 04:02:27 am »

Alright everyone,

After living my life the last half year or so with the mindset that the boards were forever dead and buried under some sort of bug that keeps ailing it and annoying the fuck out of me for having it fixed every 2 days, I get an email yesterday telling me that a new member joined the boards. So I'm thinking "Huh? they're dead!" Sure enough, I go and lo and behold they're up, and for a while it seems. So...here we are with this mass email...which I am still under the assumption that THAT feature is still broken, but I'll give it a shot.

My intention was to give VWF a good sendoff because it has been given quite a shitstorm of "last shows" because they weren't actually "last shows." They were just episodes that never got sequels. There was only going to be 1 match on the card....Caretaker vs. Scott DiBiase...the only 2 people that were actually active and roleplaying consistently, so I had good faith it would work. And the rest of the show would just be anyone and everyone...even Steven Chandler...just sharing their favorite VWF memories.

Turns out...even a show where no roleplaying was required could capture the interest of the roster. And just about when I was deciding to put in the final word about everything, the boards attempted suicide...again.  Shortly afterwards, and Crazy....you may want to get a chair for this part...my wife and I were given the shocking news that we were going to be parents....in 3 months. That....was back in October. Our daughter was born in January, and she just turned 7 months this week.

So....yeah.

Between October to now....I actually have not been able to even visit the boards even if I wanted to, much less give the place a deserving sendoff. I was actually looking forward to the 1 match finale show, as I had a perfect ending for it. The VCW storyline had a great start, those participating were actually getting excited. Even though I had a few fuckovers such as just giving someone a championship who then just flakes off, forcing me to humiliate their character to get the belt off them (which worked out for the storyline, but still) what of the storyline I got to write and publish was fun, but exhausting. But fun.

So now what? Do I try the finale show again? Get you all rounded up for role call? Pretend the mass email newsletter feature actually worked and await responses?

The answer to all this: No. I'm tired. You're all tired, too. It's rude to beat a corpse, and the more we ressurect it, the more we ruin what was once a bright light in our world where wrestling was worth our free time to engage in something like this. There may be a new generation of efeds out there...somewhere. But this generation of wrestling is so demented and sour that it endangers the reputation of this fed's legacy, worse when we keep trying to bring it back to life thinking it can go back. Well...it can't. Know why? Because my daughter says so, that's why. And she can't even talk yet.

So no...I'm not trying again, I'm done. I'm tired. I tried. I failed. The boards will stay up, so don't worry, Crazy can still post his random shit. And me, I'll stay on as a forum admin, but no efforts...at least from me will be made to try another efed run ever again.

Good luck to all of you. Thanks for making VWF what it will always be to us.

-CT

Triple B

• The answer is always B.
  • Administrator
  • VWF Property
    • The VWF
Re: Resignation of the VWF Efed
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 11:06:27 am »

If I ever win the lottery I'll hire someone to run The VWF with no involvement from myself.

Thanks for all the work, CT.  You continued to give The VWF life well after it should have died away.

Quote from: Moe
What the fuck did you say? Power of 10 to the flip flops to a q-tip. What the hell... I hate you all.
[12:57:00 PM] Alexia: mkay B I am here and ready to get started when you are

Scott

• STAT MAN
  • Board Member
  • VWF Property
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 04:30:54 pm »

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and thank-you for everything you've done in your efforts to keep the VWF/VCW alive, even through the waning interest of the dwindling roster. While I will miss the VWF and my time here, I wholeheartedly agree that the time to resuscitate the VWF has long past. A worse fate would be to let the fed become the efedding version of TNA.

If I ever win the lottery I'll hire someone to run The VWF with no involvement from myself.

No, don't do that. With all due respect and gratitude for everyone who has stepped in to pilot the ship in your absence, the Viking Wrestling Federation has always thrived best under your leadership. Maybe have a one-off reunion show for the 20th anniversary of the VWF, but an actual regularly run fed without Trips would just be the VWF in name only and it may be impossible to catch the magic of the fed a second time.

Jonny Cedrone

• Rediculous
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 06:20:49 pm »

There are probably only a handful of people that could possibly have a chance to run things the way that Trips did...with all due respect to anyone and everyone that's ever stepped up through the years. You had the balls where we didn't, and are definitely commended for your efforts, especially (like Scotty said) through the dwindling participation of the roster.

I still look upon this company as my all time favorite and probably will forever feel that way. No matter who was at the helm, the VWF was the place to be, and if it were still open, I'd still be here. I don't want to say that it was unfortunate that I hit a spot in my personal life where I couldn't give this place as much focus as it deserved because...well...as we all always say real life takes precedence over this game/hobby, but looking at where I'm at now in my personal life, and looking at where I was then...meh...I should've just stayed focused on this lol.

Anyway, now that I rambled, I want to thank CT for his desire to keep the company going, commend him for doing the best that he could with what he had to work with, and congratulate him on the baby! I also want to thank Trips for giving me that chance that you did way back in 2010, I'm still not completely sure how good I truly was or am, but you gave me the ball to run with as the World Champion, and enough confidence to know what I'm capable of. I also want to thank everyone that I've ever had the pleasure of facing in my time here. It was a fun place to be! And without this place, I wouldn't have met and maintained a pretty good friendship with the other two members of The Inner Circle, Scott DiBiase and Alexia Frost.

Thank you VWF!

VCW Owner Paul Vinceman

• Administrator
  • VCW Forever!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 10:01:49 am »

Maybe have a one-off reunion show for the 20th anniversary of the VWF.

Motherfucker, now I want to book that thing. It never ends!

Reverend John "Crazy"

• Hall of Fame - Class of 2008 and World's Most Tasteless Person
  • Administrator
  • VWF Property
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 10:53:18 pm »

I believe Tazz said it best...

"FUCK."

Quote from: ck
coozy, a word that is just not used anymore

Triple B

• Administrator
  • VWF Property
    • The VWF
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 12:30:53 pm »

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and thank-you for everything you've done in your efforts to keep the VWF/VCW alive, even through the waning interest of the dwindling roster. While I will miss the VWF and my time here, I wholeheartedly agree that the time to resuscitate the VWF has long past. A worse fate would be to let the fed become the efedding version of TNA.

No, don't do that. With all due respect and gratitude for everyone who has stepped in to pilot the ship in your absence, the Viking Wrestling Federation has always thrived best under your leadership. Maybe have a one-off reunion show for the 20th anniversary of the VWF, but an actual regularly run fed without Trips would just be the VWF in name only and it may be impossible to catch the magic of the fed a second time.

Ok.  Next show will be in 2018.  RPs due by Christmas.  Show will be posted sometime in 2020.

What the fuck did you say? Power of 10 to the flip flops to a q-tip. What the hell... I hate you all.

Reverend John "Crazy"

• Hall of Fame - Class of 2008 and World's Most Tasteless Person
  • Administrator
  • VWF Property
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 06:19:49 pm »

I'm not gonna be able to rp in time...

Quote from: ck
coozy, a word that is just not used anymore

Triple B

• Administrator
  • VWF Property
    • The VWF
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 07:39:34 pm »

To be fair... the 20th Anniversary would be this November

VCW Owner Paul Vinceman

• Administrator
  • VCW Forever!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 09:41:01 am »

To be fair... the 20th Anniversary would be this November

Oh no....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.564 seconds with 25 queries.