Viking Wrestling Federation

Viking Wrestling Federation

• November 20, 2018, 04:47:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Want a wrestling podcast that puts hair on your chest?  http://www.mfxpodcast.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playstation Now Review/Impressions  (Read 177 times)

Caretaker

• Hall of Fame - Class of 2008
  • VWF Property
  • Caretaker
    • Caretaker's eWrestling Wiki page
Playstation Now Review/Impressions
« on: March 22, 2015, 06:07:29 pm »

For those unaware, Playstation Now is a service that lets you play last-gen titles on next-gen consoles by streaming them through Playstation servers. There are currently 290 titles available with more to be added in the future obviously. The service gives you 2 options to use it

Rental and Subscription. I'll go over the differences.

Rental gives you 3 options of playing the game without a subscription. You can play it for 4 hours or up to a day or 2. Due to the ridiculous price ranges here, you really need to figure out first if you plan to play a lot of last-gen titles, or just a couple. If it's just a couple, then rental would probably be a better option here....

Subscription gives you infinite access to all the titles at once for a simple monthly fee of $19.99 or $49.99 every 3 months. There are plenty of last gen titles that make Now worth the subscription as opposed to rental. I just played Batman Arkham City, but Dues Ex, Saints Row, Metal Gear, some sports games, Kill Zone and Red Faction are all there. So if you're in to the next -gen and want to go back, I'd recommend simply subscribing only if you're a last-gen fanatic.

The downside here is because of the nature of playing the titles, streaming which means internet connection at all times, Now mandates you have certain type of strong signal before charging you and allowing you access. So if you're a wifi-nut...you may want to reconsider connecting your ethernet cable for Now.

Performance wise, per the norm of streaming material, especially in a game no less....there will be TONS of lag. Although most of my time playing Batman was fairly smooth, there were a couple times I dodged incoming attacks at the wrong time out of lag on the server's end.

As far as I can tell....there does not seem to any way of using your last-gen save data either, so you'll have to start at 0 which on Arkham City I do not mind at all which is why I chose that title. I personally do not plan to subscribe just yet, I am using up my 7 day free trial for now but once they put up Splinter Cell games or Red Dead Redemption I may jump on the Now wagon.

But the bottom line is the subscription is worth paying if you intend to play A LOT of the games, but if it's only 1 or 2 you're interested in, I think both Rental and Subscription kind of screw you over financially.

CARETAKER'S EWRESTLING WIKI PAGE
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Caretaker

i added a tanner summers seg.  not sure if i have the authority to change the main post, but call the cops i don't give a fuck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 25 queries.