Viking Wrestling Federation

Viking Wrestling Federation

• November 20, 2018, 04:48:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Want a wrestling podcast that puts hair on your chest?  http://www.mfxpodcast.com/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WWE SD Vs Raw 2011 Info  (Read 5059 times)

Kamikaze

WWE SD Vs Raw 2011 Info
« on: June 18, 2010, 12:13:45 pm »

So E3 is over and everyone's gotten a first look at the new game.

New "Dynamic Physics System"

What does this mean? Things break differently. In the demo on the floor, it was a TLC match and it was displayed that depending on the impact, tables would collapse in different ways. Also, with the new physics system, you'll be able to perform special moves from the top of the ladder and end up either inside or out of the ring. In the video I'll post at the bottom, you'll see an RKO performed from the top of the ladder to a table OUTSIDE OF THE RING.

You can stack ladders and tables. And ladders can bend and break depending on impact. You can stack a ladder on the ring ropes from the outside of the ring, RUN UP THE LADDER AND PERFORM A DIVING MANEUVER ON YOUR OPPONENT. The vice versa works as well, running up a ladder against the ropes in the inside of the ring and diving to the outside on your opponent.

You can also now move the direction in which your move will end up. Say you are performing a powerbomb, but you've misjudged the direction of impact from where the table would be. You can now change the direction of the move and still have the opponent hit that table.

The new physics engine will also allow for your broken weapons to remain in the ring/match for a period of undisclosed time. No longer will a weapon of yours break and immediately disappear from view as if magic.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Exclusive Daily Demo with Cory Ledesma
= First look SD V Raw 2011

The Rick

• Hall of Fame - Class of 2009
  • Board Member
  • VWF Property
Re: WWE SD Vs Raw 2011 Info
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 02:22:50 pm »

Lots of new info revealed this week:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1113523p1.html - Good preview from IGN detailing changes to HIAC and Road to Wrestlemania and info on the new WWE Universe mode.

Gaming Ring has a video interview with Bryan Williams:
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 Bryan Williams Interview

Also a Q&A with Bryan Williams - http://gamingring.com/news/2010/08/18/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2011-bryan-williams-qa/

Some gameplay clips:
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 Gameplay clips

Phone camera footage of Trophies for PS3 which should translate as XBOX achievements:
Smackdown vs Raw 2011 Trophies
(blink and you'll miss them)

Also THQ issued a press release and if you buy the game new there is a code in the booklet to download Chris Masters as a playable character and alternative costumes for Kelly Kelly and Rey Mysterio which are both Halloween inspired.

Bret Hart is a pre-order exclusive (Game in the UK, can't remember the US one off hand)

Divas still can't compete against the men due to WWE's PG rating but they can now compete in the Elimination Chamber which they couldn't last year.

You can now edit downloaded superstars, and you can upload/download paint tool designs as separate items from created superstars.

New Create A Finisher position from the turnbuckle.

Probably loads I've forgotten but a good batch in the links I've posted.

allthat

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 07:38:56 am »

But one of the big questions is......

........will you be able to have more than just 10 uses of a CaW in the create a story mode?!?!

jagilki

• Almost posts as much as Caretaker
    • www.jagilki.net
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 01:23:14 pm »

........will you be able to have more than just 10 uses of a CaW in the create a story mode?!?!

That particular one is something I can live without.  I'd like it, but it's not critical for me.

I LOVE that you can now edit downloaded CAWS.  Means I can put in correct music for people.

I'm HOPING we get a few more VWFers using this game this year.  Uploading their caws and such.  Maybe make some vids.

Scott

• STAT MAN
  • Board Member
  • VWF Property
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 01:39:39 pm »

I know I'll be getting the game at some point, but it seems I'm the odd man out where VWFers are concerned, using a PS3 instead of an Xbox and all. I've never really been all that interested nor adept in the CAW feature, though, so I wouldn't expect any creations from me in any event.

The Rick

• Board Member
  • VWF Property
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 03:08:51 pm »

One of the videos I have seen has that question and Bryan says that there is still a limit, but it's more than 10 uses which is a plus. I get why there is a limit because of loading times but I think limiting how many CAWs rather than individual uses would be better.

That particular one is something I can live without.  I'd like it, but it's not critical for me.

I LOVE that you can now edit downloaded CAWS.  Means I can put in correct music for people.

I'm HOPING we get a few more VWFers using this game this year.  Uploading their caws and such.  Maybe make some vids.

Expect some CAWs from me, obviously nobody on the active roster at the moment but CAWs of Rick, Lacey Rain and Alannah Halliwell shall be on the way as they were this year.

Something else I forgot to mention the other day: Create A Sign, you can now use the paint tool to create your own signs for fans to hold while your wrestler is competing. Nothing too amazing, but pretty cool still.

I'm really looking forward to the game now, was going to leave it for a while for the first time in years but will be there on release day or pre-ordering for Bret as a playable character.

allthat

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 06:31:08 pm »

I'm glad they're uping the limit. Like Rick said it's understandable to keep the load times down but still ten in total was a little harsh.

I tried to create a story using T.E.P, I could only get about 2 and a half shows...just. Again like Rick said limit the actual characters in total. Like you can only have 4 caws but out of those 4 you had unlimited uses or perhaps an individual limit of say 20. That I would say would help a lot more.

But a big cheer goes to the fact that you can indeed edit downloaded caws.

The Rick

• Board Member
  • VWF Property
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 04:55:58 am »

From the videos and screenshots I've seen the confirmed roster so far is:

• Orton
  • Jericho
  • Cena
  • Undertaker
  • Sheamus
  • Swagger
  • Rey
  • The Miz
  • Michelle McCool
  • Eve Torres
  • Bret Hart
  • Shawn Michaels (One of the Achievements/Trophies is called "Thank You Shawn"

Mr Fantastic

• Hall of Fame - Class of 2010
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 06:27:04 am »

Is that an instore pre-order for GAME only Rick? I've looked on their website and it doesn't mention anything about getting Bret Hart.

Now THAT'S Fantastic!!

Mr Fantastic

• Hall of Fame - Class of 2010
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 06:29:50 am »

I wouldn't expect any creations from me in any event.

Not sure if you'd need to Scott, we could just take the Ted DiBiase from the game and just change his entrance theme.

Now THAT'S Fantastic!!

The Rick

• Board Member
  • VWF Property
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 09:07:02 am »

Is that an instore pre-order for GAME only Rick? I've looked on their website and it doesn't mention anything about getting Bret Hart.

Well it's Best Buy in the USA so maybe the UK branches are doing it. I must say I'd looked on Game's site and not seen it either but I'd read it somewhere or another. I'll keep a look out until I can find a proper confirmation about getting Bret for the game.

allthat

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 02:18:56 pm »

Not sure if you'd need to Scott, we could just take the Ted DiBiase from the game and just change his entrance theme.

That and me, rick and Mr F usually just create everybody lol.

The Rick

• Board Member
  • VWF Property
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 03:33:39 am »

Alt. Attire for Undertaker - Ministry attire

Apparently a pre-order code for Toys R Us (USA, not sure about UK). But apparently you can get it by playing through the vs. Undertaker RTW story.

The Rick

• Board Member
  • VWF Property
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 04:47:57 pm »

Gamespot is announcing the roster on Wednesday, hopefully some other information will be released then too.

The Rick

• Board Member
  • VWF Property
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 04:46:23 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.725 seconds with 25 queries.